What Food Do I Need to Eat to Keep Healthy Hair?
Many people desire to have a strong and healthy hair, especially as they grow older. To give you an idea, your hair grows around 0.5 inches per month and 6 inches per year but please be advised that these are dependent on factors like age, health, diet, and genetics. Age and genetics are factors that you can't change nor modify. But diet is something that you have control over. In fact, consuming a diet lacking the right nutrients can lead to hair loss.
On the other hand, eating a balanced diet with enough and the right nutrients can help promote hair growth. We've listed below the best foods you can eat to promote hair growth:
For Thicker Hair
1. Mushrooms: Vitamins, antioxidants and minerals found in mushrooms promotes healthy and strong hair while it prevents hair loss and other problems. Mushroom is also rich in panthothenic acid (vitamin B5) which prevent the hair loss and make hair strands thicker.
2. Spinach: Spinach is loaded with beneficial nutrients for hair such as folic acid, iron, and vitamins A and C that promotes hair growth. Methyl sulfonyl methane which helps to produces keratin while beta-carotene, iron, folic acid, and vitamin produces sebum which moisturize the scalp and hair. The combination nutrition make the hair to become silkier, stronger and healthier.
3. Carrot: Carrot makes the hair stronger, longer and thicker. Among many beneficial nutrition in carrots, Vitamin A and Vitamin E prevents hair loss and boost hair strands stronger and thicker while it also moisturizes both scalp and hair. It is a natural conditioner for the hair.
For Silky and Smooth Hair
1. Salmon: Omega 3 and Fatty Acid helps to provide moisture to hair
2. Brewer's Yeast: Brewer's yeast helps to fight against hairloss by improving hair growth, but its richness in vitamin, mineral and protein mean that it improves the actual condition of newly grown hair. Mix the brewer's yeast with yogurt to make healthy salad dressing or mix the brewer's yeast with olive oil, honey and mineral water to make the Best DIY Hair Mask for healthy hair and scalp. Brewer's Yeast for Hair Loss but also to Condition hair strands
3. Blueberry: Blueberry has a ton of vitamin C which is essential for healthy hair. Vitamin C helps the production of Collagen that strengthens the blood vessel that supplies for hair follicles in the scalp. As the hair follicles gets sufficient nutrition, the hair gets stronger and silky.
4. Seaweed: Seaweed is full of nutrition that are great for the hair. Zinc, iodine, calcium, protein and Vitamins A and C found in seaweed not only stimulates the hair growth and production but also improves the condition of your hair.
For Hair Growth
1. Black Bean: Black Bean is one of the most well-known super-food that prevents hair loss and promote stronger hair strands. Black Bean contains various nutrition such as protein, carbohydrate, and lipid but among all the nutrition, Cysteine plays a central role in hair health as it forms dimers that are oxidized to produce cysteine, creating disulfide bridges that provide strength and rigidity between keratin strands. Black bean is also rich in Vitamin B which supports smooth and shiny hair texture. Black Bean for Strong, Elastic, Shiny and Smooth Hair Strand.
2. Oyster: Oyster is rich in zinc and selenium which includes number of benefits for hair. Especially Selenium kills dandruff-causing fungus. Selenium is an essential for the production of the thyroid hormones that helps to regulate hair growth.
3. Avocado: Avocado is a great source of biotin which recently has been popular to boost hair growth. The minerals in avocado oil includes potassium and magnesium that seals cuticle cells which will prevent hair loss and breaking while keep the hair look smooth and shiny
For Stronger and Healthy Hair
1. Brewer's Yeast: Brewer's yeast helps to fight against hair loss by improving hair growth, but its richness in vitamin, mineral and protein mean that it improves the actual condition of newly grown hair. Mix the brewer's yeast with yogurt to make healthy salad dressing or mix the brewer's yeast with olive oil, honey and mineral water to make the Best DIY Hair Mask for healthy hair and scalp. Brewer's Yeast for Hair Loss but also to Condition hair strands
2. Kiwi: Vitamin C and antioxidant promotes the hair strand stronger and healthier.
The bottom line is that what you eat can have a huge effect on the health of your hair. A lack of nutrients such as vitamins A, C, D, and E, zinc, B vitamins, biotin, iron, protein, and essential fatty acids can slow down hair growth or much worst, it can cause hair loss. If you think you're lacking any of the needed nutrients, try adding some of the above foods to your diet.