Developed in Italy by Europe's top color experts, this easy-to-use permanent hair color offers the perfect fusion of performance and reliability. With vibrant reds, high-performing natural and cool tones, a complete gray coverage series, a specially curated collection of beautiful intermixable shades, Color XG® creates the results you want every time. Always predictable, always beautiful.
Swatches are a guideline only. The final result will be affected by the color and condition of the hair before application
- DYESMART® System allows for maximum color penetration and predictability
- Pure XG Protection System offers a blend of soothing ingredients that leaves hair shiny and healthy
- Up to 100% gray coverage and vibrant fashion shade results
- 115+ vibrant shades
- Standard Mixing: Mix 1 part of Color XG® to 1 part of 10-40 volume Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer (1:1 ratio).
- Mix Ultra Toners with 10 volume.
- Mixing for Gray Coverage: Mix 1 part of Color XG® to 1 part of 20 volume Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer (1:1 ratio).
- For deposit and minimal lift: 10 volume (3%) Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer and process for 25 minutes.
- 1-2 levels of lift or optimal coverage: 20 volume (6%) Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer and process for 35 minutes.
- 2-3 levels of lift: 30 volume (9%) Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer and process for 45 minutes.
- 3-4 levels of lift: 40 volume (12%) Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer and process for 45-55 minutes.
- Highlifts: Double 40 volume (12%) Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer and process for 45-55 minutes.
- Ultra Toners: 10 volume (3%) Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer, check color development for desired result starting at 5 minutes. Process for 5-15 minutes.
I have stubborn resistant gray and this colors it no problem and leaves my hair soft, glossy and shiny like no other color has done. Plus it is gluten free which is important to me.
Super creamy. Used this on my mom and we both loved the results. Thick and easy to apply. No drips. Lasts long and couples great with the PM or any brand color protecting products. Smells pretty good too!
Although this color does contain ammonia it is formulated to have a low ammonia content which I love. Another positive to this color is when mixed with Paul Mitchell Clear Developers a little bit goes a long way. You can get excellent saturation with what feels like less product used which is excellent for product management, profits, and your clients pockets (and I am sure they appreciate that as well). You can achieve a couple of levels of lift with any shade in this color line using a 20 vol or higher developer or use it as a deposit only toner with 5 vol developer. I feel like this color line is so versatile.
I recently began coloring my hair with this professional color that my stylist uses and love it. I didn’t realize how simple it was to use. The color produced is so natural and rich.
I love all Paul Mitchell color. I am a licensed stylist and have taken the color expert classes offered by Paul Mitchell and this color is truly amazing. It's beeswax based and has a small amount of ammonia no matter the level of color, allowing for a more consists finish in color and healthy hair.