Developed in Italy by Europe's top color experts, this easy-to-use permanent hair color offers the perfect fusion of performance and reliability. With vibrant reds, high-performing natural and cool tones, a complete gray coverage series, a specially curated collection of beautiful intermixable shades, Color XG® creates the results you want every time. Always predictable, always beautiful.
Swatches are a guideline only. The final result will be affected by the color and condition of the hair before application
- DYESMART® System allows for maximum color penetration and predictability
- Pure XG Protection System offers a blend of soothing ingredients that leaves hair shiny and healthy
- Up to 100% gray coverage and vibrant fashion shade results
- 115+ vibrant shades
- Standard Mixing: Mix 1 part of Color XG® to 1 part of 10-40 volume Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer (1:1 ratio).
- Mix Ultra Toners with 10 volume.
- Mixing for Gray Coverage: Mix 1 part of Color XG® to 1 part of 20 volume Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer (1:1 ratio).
- For deposit and minimal lift: 10 volume (3%) Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer and process for 25 minutes.
- 1-2 levels of lift or optimal coverage: 20 volume (6%) Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer and process for 35 minutes.
- 2-3 levels of lift: 30 volume (9%) Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer and process for 45 minutes.
- 3-4 levels of lift: 40 volume (12%) Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer and process for 45-55 minutes.
- Highlifts: Double 40 volume (12%) Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer and process for 45-55 minutes.
- Ultra Toners: 10 volume (3%) Paul Mitchell® Cream Developer, check color development for desired result starting at 5 minutes. Process for 5-15 minutes.
Color was really nice, I like the low ammonia because it's less damaging. I enjoying using this on myself as well as clients. Was effective in covering grays.
This is one of my favorite colors from Paul Mitchell. It provides such a nice, vibrant color that makes your hair really shine. I also like that the color is very unique and not many people could actually pull it off but of course myself. The product itself doesn't last very long which is a downside. Only lasts a couple weeks and then it turns brown.
I used to put wild colors in my hair when I was in high school and I would use these because they are long lasting and don't look washed out.